Saturday, June 2, 2007

Screenshot : Malware Solutions Redesign Project

Here is the original site. This is back in 'the day' when I was doing in-house computer repair. (I could tell stories about that but that is for another time.) This was from 2004.


This was from sometime in 2006.

Here is what the current design (as of June 2007)looks like.


This is the look of the new Malware Solutions site thus far.


This page uses lots of hidden divs. The idea is to reduce clutter on the page and to give the user the opportunity to show and hide only the information that choose to see without actually leaving the page. I have had some concerns over hidden divs and the ability of search engine crawlers to pick up the hidden div text. I have read that hiding text might actually hurt your rankings. I have also read that search engines won't even index the content from hidden divs (although I can't find the article at the moment). I have tested this theory and I have found this to be false.

Here is how I know.

Go to this page, then click on "The Process". If you copy the first paragraph, paste the text into a Google search box, put quotes around the text and hit search you will see that this hidden div's text is indeed showing on Google.


The 'slide in and out' functionality of this page comes from http://script.aculo.us/

The navigation comes from Project Seven's CSS Express Drop-Down Menu

This is a work in progress. I am still trying to dig up a screen shot of what the site looked like in 2005. I know that I had a black theme going on. Background was black, header was black etc... O'well, things change.

No comments: