Saturday, June 2, 2007

Google Link Experiment

I put a link to this blog on the homepage of Vermont PC Solutions. The experiment is to see how long it takes Google, Yahoo and MSN to index this blog. The link was added and file uploaded at 6:33 AM June 02, 2007.


Test it yourself:
MSN, Google and Yahoo


{edit} I just thought of something - How would I know if Google found this blog from my own site?


update - June 04, 2007: using the first post from this blog I searched for the string "The Moonlight Lady will reside on Lake Champlain in Burlington, Vermont. The boat has been purchased but not yet delivered." on MSN, Google and Yahoo - no signs of it being indexed yet.


update - June 05, 2007:Content is still not showing on Google, MSN or Yahoo. Checked my Google Sitemap and I saw that the last visit to the homepage of Vermont PC Solutions was May 16th. I resubmitted the sitemap (5:00 AM today) in hopes that GoogleBot will crawl my site and pick up the blog url.
I also added a post in my forum in hopes of getting indexed.


update - June 13, 2007: Checked Google, this page has been indexed. I did not check it yesterday but it wasn't there on Sunday so it looks like it took about 10-11 days to show up on Google. MSN and Yahoo still show zero search results.


update - June 16, 2007: Checked MSN - they have this page listed. It still isn't showing on Yahoo.

No comments: